The Bank for International Settlements, BIS is hiring a Communications Specialist to join the Digital Communications and Content team within Communications.
This role is based in Basel, Switzerland however, thanks to our status as an international organisation, we can hire globally and welcome applications from candidates of all nationalities and located anywhere in the world. Relocation support is available for the successful candidate and their dependent family members.
Purpose of the role:
Communications sits at the heart of what the BIS does. We seek to position the BIS in media and digital channels as an influential voice on central bank issues, including monetary policy, financial stability and innovation. By doing so we enable the Bank to build trust with stakeholders, broaden its global engagement and shape the future.
As a Communications Specialist, you will contribute to the team by developing, creating and curating engaging content, narratives, and campaigns for multi-purpose use on all the Bank’s digital channels and monitoring its impact.
By joining the communications team, you will:
· work in a unique international organisation at the forefront of the global financial system in this interesting and varied role.
· create meaningful content and social media campaigns that have a global reach and impact.
· Gain a global perspective and insights into the topics that matter for the BIS and the central banking community by working in partnership with key business areas across the Bank and internationally with our global offices.
· join a close-knit, international and diverse team of highly-skilled digital channel and content experts in a communications environment that believes in collaboration, is open to new ideas, and welcomes new members with a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences.
· benefit from the flexibility of hybrid working with a blend of onsite work and home office.
· Support the line manager with the design and implementation of social media campaigns to support the BIS communications strategy.
· Support the Communications team in all aspects of the creation of engaging content, narratives and campaigns (drafting content, developing multimedia content eg video, and imagery), dedicated to each channel.
· Advise and support the line manager in all aspects of the curation of social media content, as well as the management and monitoring of our social media channels, including for emerging topics and trends).
· Create engaging content by curating, developing creative briefs in collaboration with colleagues or selecting, categorising and presenting the most relevant and highest quality information to meet stakeholders´ needs on specific topics.
· Monitor and report on the effectiveness of created content, narratives, and campaigns in line with established metrics.
· Proactively work with the digital team and the line manager to build and maintain strong relationships with Communications colleagues and business areas to gather information about their content needs and plans.
· Support the project team on communications campaigns to ensure reliable execution in line with quality and time specifications; contribute to matrix project work for content development and workflows; support and partner with events organisers for optimal outcomes.
· Coordinate and publish content to BIS social media channels; contribute to the development and publishing of editorial planning to deliver engaging content targeted towards BIS stakeholders.
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
· Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent experience gained through professional experience. Experience and/or understanding of issues relating to central banking, IFIs, financial regulation, economics, financial services from a communications perspective would be considered a strong asset.
· Proven experience creating multi-purpose content, narratives and campaigns, and comparable experience monitoring and managing social media platforms.
· Familiar with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications with proven experience in producing multimedia content including videos, animation, data visualisations and podcasts.
· Advanced knowledge of digital marketing, comfortable with data analytics; demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
· Demonstrated creativity in the creation and curation of content with skills in copywriting and editing in English.
· Experience coordinating and implementing complex, fast-moving projects and events that create high-value and engaging content, narratives and campaigns.
· Experience in working with and effectively managing relationships with external vendors/ partners.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills with proven abilities to understand audience and stakeholder needs; ability to think holistically and align tasks and outcomes with business priorities.
· Excellent planning, (self-)organisation, implementation and project management skills desired; ability to work under minimal supervision; ability to multi-task effectively across multiple projects without losing sight of the detail.
Who we are:
The Bank for International Settlements is a diverse organisation with colleagues from over 60 countries. By joining us in the international city of Basel, you will work in a unique, highly rewarding and international work environment. We truly value diversity and inclusion and want to reflect the world we serve. We want the best people to work for us so we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. At the BIS, we value diversity and inclusion in all its forms and one way we support diversity and inclusion is through our staff-run networks. You can discover more about diversity at the BIS here.
What the BIS offers:
We want your time at BIS to be a rewarding and career-enriching experience. We offer an agile and flexible working environment with hybrid working opportunities including home office and working from abroad days. To support our international applicants, we offer relocation support that extends to your dependent family members. In addition, thanks to our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including support for working families like childcare and education allowances (where applicable). Finally, we offer a genuinely unique international working environment, which will give you exposure to the global financial system and the opportunity to collaborate with passionate experts from all over the world.
We strive to ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, and to perform essential job functions. Should you wish to request accommodation, support in completing this application or participating in the application process, then please reach out to the recruitment team at email@example.com .